1950 Land Rover Series One 80" Utility

1950 Land Rover Series One 80" Utility

£125,000
Axle Configuration 1950
Mileage 75,440 miles
Exterior Colour Bronze Green
Interior Trim Green
Transmission Manual

2l

Petrol

In May 1949 Rovers managing director Spencer Wilks reported to the board of directors the first major order from the British Ministry of Supply of 1878 Land Rovers for British Military use. With the Land Rover already a massive international success and production bursting Solihull’s war time factory bursting at the seams they began production of these vehicles in August 1949. Each carried a War Department issue registration number starting with 00BC01 to 18BC78. This 1950 model Land Rover was completed in December 1949 as a part of that original first contract. It's War Department issue registration is 12BC68 and it spent a little over a decade in service before being decommissioned in 1963. It was sold off and civilian registered in July 1963 with the current registration number at the County Borough Council of Birkenhead where it led a normal working life for the next 20 years in the area. In the early 1980's it was passed into hands of a Land Rover Series One Club member as a good solid runabout, but hand brush painted in Brown and Cream 1970's fence paint before coming off the road in the late 1980's. A full nut and bolt restoration has very recently been completed and it has been restored as per the original specification and painted in the original Bronze Green body colour and trimmed in original Green Vinyl. The vehicle still carries many of it's original component parts from December 1949 and is easily ready for the next 70 years.

Classic Works, Imperial Road, Ryton-on-Dunsmore, Coventry, CV8 3LF United Kingdom
+44 (024) 7656 6600
+44 (024) 7656 6600